ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ:Wikimedia India Newsletter/2011 June/en
Wikimedia India Newsletter is a general newsletter about the current happenings of Wikipedia Odia. This Newsletter is in English language, you can also read the Odia news letter here.
Typing tool Integragion[ସମ୍ପାଦନା]
4 March, 2011: Typing tool written by Junaid P.V. was integrated into Odia Wikipedia. The tool has both Inscript and Translation and a guide was also included in Odia typing with a central notice to help the new Wikipedians.
FAQ Booklet & Typing Help in PDF[ସମ୍ପାଦନା]
An Odia (Oriya Wikipedia FAQ, Display & Typing Help, 1.0 is created to provide support for Frequently asked questions on Odia Wikipedia, Display issues and their solution and Typing Support with the support for FAQ from Malayalam Wikipedia. This has been added to Wikimedia Bookshelf project.
Video Tutorial-How To Edit Odia Wikipedia[ସମ୍ପାଦନା]
- 18 April 2011: This Video Tutorial "How to edit Odia Wikipedia" created to help users to learn how they can search articles, create articles and edit articles in Odia Wikipedia. This contains callouts in Odia to help users understand the common syntaxes and interface commands.
Workshops & Academy[ସମ୍ପାଦନା]
Wikipedia Odia community has conducted 3 workshops in different locations.
- Bengaluru Odia Wiki Academy (06 March 2011):
- This was the first Odia Academy/Workshop conducted leaded by Shiju Alex and attended by 4 Odia Wikipedians which acted as the stepping stone and revival of Odia Wikipedia after a long gap of about 8/9 years.
- Bhubaneswar Odia Wiki Academy (03 April 2011):
- This was the first Academy of Odia Wikipedia and attended by 35 Wikipedians, led by Odia Wikipedians Subhashish Panigrahi and supported by Shiju Alex, Tinu Cherian and Odia Wikipedian Srikant Kedia. This was the first Academy in the state of Odisha. It was an demonstration and interactive session and Wikipedians and new attendees discussed about many new projects and modifications of interface messages and changes to be made.
- Cuttack Odia Wiki Workshop (17 April 2011):
- This was the second Odia Wiki Workshop in Odisha, conducted at Cuttack and attended by 12 Wikipedians, led by Odia Wikipedians Ashutosh Kar, Srikant Kedia and Sambidhan Mohanty. This was a editing and demonstration and interactive session. Editing demonstration followed by major changes in the options/messages in the interface was discussed. A downloadable video tutorial for help in editing was formally introduced to the audience.
- ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ:Meetup/Bangalore/Bangalore2 (22 May 2011)
- This was the 1st Meetup after 3 successful Workshops and the 2nd gathering of Bangalore Wikipedians. Attended by 7 interested folks including 4 active Wikipedians this meetup has seen a small introduction, discussion about 5 pillars, state of Odia Wikipedia. Odia Wikipedians Ashutosh Kar & Subhashish Panigrahi headed the event. Wikipedians talked about the issues which came across in the recent days and how they can be solved out, discussion about how much impact the recent Meetupas/Workshops had on the Odia Wikipedia and how such outreach campaigns can boost the growth of the Odia Wikipedia.
- Most importantly, Odia Wikipedia has announced the first Odia Wki project, to reach 1000 articles before 1 June. Individuals attended the event divided the the whole project based on the user's interest and taken charge of several different aspects. And also we have set the target to add more and more pictures in the coming days related to Odia under the template "Odia loves Wikipedia" which will also inspire more people to join in this movement will cover many of the heritage sites which still don't have a photo in Commons.
- Odia Wikipedia has announced the first Odia Wiki project, to reach 1000 articles before 1 June. After this target was set Odia Wikipedia has seen a leap of 235 articles and many new and active editors were into this mission. on 1 June 2011 Odia Wikipedia is celebrating 1000 articles.
- Odia loves Wikipedia
- A project intended to motivate more and more Odia Wikipedians to donate media files (Pictures and Videos) for Wikimedia Commons.