ଜୀବଶ୍ମ ବିଜ୍ଞାନ ପୋର୍ଟାଲ|
Three small ammonite fossils, each approximately 1.5 cm across
Eocene fossil fish Priscacara liops from Green River Formation of Wyoming
Eocene fossil flower, collected August 2010 from Clare family fossil quarry, Florissant, Colorado
A Fairy Loave fossil, which is one of the most found fossils in UK
Three small brachiopod fossils shown next to a U.S. quarter (24 mm diameter).
- Oxford English Dictionary. Oxford University Press.
- It’s extremely hard to become a fossil[permanent dead link], by Olivia Judson, The New York Times
- Bones Are Not the Only Fossils Archived 2009-03-15 at the Wayback Machine., by Olivia Judson, The New York Times
- The Virtual Fossil Museum throughout Time and Evolution
- Paleoportal, geology and fossils of the United States
- The Fossil Record, a complete listing of the families, orders, class and phyla found in the fossil record Archived 2012-05-03 at the Wayback Machine.
- Bioerosion website, including fossil record
- Paleontology at Curlie
- Ernest Ingersoll (1920). . Encyclopedia Americana.