ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ:List of Wikipedians by number of edits
This is a list of Wikipedians ordered by number of edits in the Odia Wikipedia. Edits in all namespaces are counted; deleted edits have been included in recent versions.
Click Special:Preferences or the "My preferences" link of the Wikipedia page menu to see your most accurate and recent edit count.
Users who do not wish to be on this list are welcome to replace their names with "Placeholder" and add themselves to this anonymizing list for future versions.
The list is a reference summary only. It should be taken with a large grain of salt and not used as a measure of individual editors. There are many reasons why a total number of edits usually does not indicate quality of work, quality of an editor, or significance of contributions.
- Due to a bug, the edit counts reported by Wikipedia are not always reliable for editors with high edit counts and may show extreme discrepancies in some cases.
- Some editors use automated tools (bots and assisted systems) capable of fixing many simple errors per minute (spelling, links, etc), or that place many informational and other notices in a short time, while others work on tasks where these tools are not useful, such as content creation and reworking, manual copyright review, and editorial dispute resolution.
- Some bot users route their bot edits through separate bot accounts while others include them in their own edits.
- Others may use one or more alternative accounts to segregate their contributions for various other reasons.
- Many editors who are high on the list perform routine tasks that require less time per edit especially by reverting other editors or WP:SPAM; conversely, users who create a number of long new pages or make major additions might easily spend a week or more undertaking research before writing any content, and appear much lower on the list.
- Some editors use the Show preview button until they are content with their edit; others habitually save a succession of small changes on the way.
- Earlier versions of the list listed contributions to the article space separately. The current list counts the total number of edits, including to talk pages.
- Many people edit without logging in at all, and many anonymous non-logged in editors regularly make valuable and well-established edits and a huge contribution.
- Many Wikipedians work in areas where edits are less prominent, for example, email-mediated matters such as arbcom-l, mediation, unblock-l, or services such as checkuser.
Consequently, edit count alone does not directly correlate with the effort put into improving Wikipedia.
Of course, we would like as many people as possible to get involved, including those whose only edit may be to fix a simple typo. Everyone's contributions are equally welcome. Contributors not on this list provide the majority of edits on Wikipedia. When the total number of edits on this list reached 132,000,986, it included roughly 29% of all edits to this project.
This is a list of Wikipedians sorted by edit count as of ଉଇକିପିଡ଼ିଆ:List of Wikipedians by number of edits/Age. The list on this page is limited to the first 5,000 entries on the Odia language version of Wikipedia.
|No.||User||Edit count||User groups|
|1||Subhashish Panigrahi||7,241||Ad, IP|
|2||Srikant Kedia||6,550||Ro, IP|
|7||Jyotiprakash Satyakam Dash||276|
- Bots by number of edits
- Global ranking Wikimedians by number of edits in particular projects
- Wikipedians by article count
- Wikipedians by number of recent edits
- Taken from data compiled on March 17, 2011