ଜାଭା (ପ୍ରୋଗ୍ରାମିଂ ଭାଷା)
|ପାରାଡ଼ିଜିମ୍||Multi-paradigm: Object-oriented (class-based), structured, imperative, generic, reflective, concurrent|
|ପ୍ରଥମେ ଦେଖାଯାଇଥିଲା||ମଇ 23, 1995|
|ଡିଜାଇନ କରିଥିଲେ||James Gosling|
|ବିକାଶକ||Sun Microsystems (now owned by Oracle Corporation)|
|ଟାଇପିଂ ପଦ୍ଧତି||Static, strong, safe, nominative, manifest|
|ପ୍ରମୁଖ ବ୍ୟବହାର||OpenJDK, GNU Compiler for Java (GCJ), many others|
|ଉପଭାଷା||Generic Java, Pizza|
|ଏହାକୁ ପ୍ରଭାବିତ କରିଛନ୍ତି||Ada 83, C++,C#, Eiffel,Generic Java, Mesa, Oberon, Objective-C, UCSD Pascal, Object Pascal|
|ସତ୍ତ୍ଵ||GNU General Public License, Java Community Process|
|ଫାଇଲ ଏକ୍ସଟେନ୍ସନ୍||.java , .class, .jar|
ଜାଭା ହେଉଛି ଏକ ଜେନରାଲ ପରପୋଜ କମ୍ପୁଟର ପ୍ରୋଗ୍ରାମ୍ମିଂ ଭାଷା ଯେଉଁଟା କି ଏକ ସମୟ ରେ ପ୍ରଚଳିତ,ଶ୍ରେଣୀ-ଆଧାରିତ ଓ ଅବଜେକ୍ଟ-ଓରିଏଣ୍ଟେଡ ।
- Binstock, Andrew (20 May 2015). "Java's 20 Years Of Innovation". Forbes. Retrieved 18 March 2016.
- Niklaus Wirth stated on a number of public occasions, e.g. in a lecture at the Polytechnic Museum, Moscow in September, 2005 (several independent first-hand accounts in Russian exist, e.g. one with an audio recording: Filippova, Elena (September 22, 2005). "Niklaus Wirth's lecture at the Polytechnic Museum in Moscow".), that the Sun Java design team licensed the Oberon compiler sources a number of years prior to the release of Java and examined it: a (relative) compactness, type safety, garbage collection, no multiple inheritance for classes – all these key overall design features are shared by Java and Oberon.
- Patrick Naughton cites Objective-C as a strong influence on the design of the Java programming language, stating that notable direct derivatives include Java interfaces (derived from Objective-C's protocol) and primitive wrapper classes. 
- TechMetrix Research (1999). "History of Java" (PDF). Java Application Servers Report.
The project went ahead under the name "green" and the language was based on an old model of UCSD Pascal, which makes it possible to generate interpretive code
- "A Conversation with James Gosling – ACM Queue". Queue.acm.org. 2004-08-31. Retrieved 2010-06-09.
- In the summer of 1996, Sun was designing the precursor to what is now the event model of the AWT and the JavaBeans TM component architecture. Borland contributed greatly to this process. We looked very carefully at Delphi Object Pascal and built a working prototype of bound method references in order to understand their interaction with the Java programming language and its APIs.White Paper About Microsoft's "Delegates"
- "Chapel spec (Acknowledgements)" (PDF). Cray Inc. 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "Write once, run anywhere?". Computer Weekly. 2002-05-02. Retrieved 2009-07-27.
- "1.2 Design Goals of the Java™ Programming Language". Oracle. 1999-01-01. Retrieved 2013-01-14.