In most cases, users can create accounts without assistance. However, where problems arise (such as with the CAPTCHA image or the desired username), users may request an account be created for them. To do this, please follow the instructions below, making sure that your requested username respects the username policy. Note that in general you should only use one Wikipedia account. If you already have an account, you can retrieve a forgotten password or change your username.
- Note: Please understand that we are not able to recover or delete accounts. If you forget a password or email address, then we cannot recover it. The only way to fix this is to create an account and request a usurp.
- Check your e-mail inbox for any possible updates or problems that may occur with your request. A request may be fulfilled in several minutes, or it may take longer depending on certain factors, so please be patient. Be sure to check your "spam" folder if you have not received an e-mail within several hours, although the process may take longer on rare occasions.
- Once your account has been created successfully, you will receive an automated e-mail from wikiwikimedia.org stating your login credentials. You can use these to log in where you will then be prompted to create a new password.
- If you need any further information, please ask at the talk page.
- Administrators and experienced users: For instructions on how to act on requests (including creating an account) see Wikipedia:Request an account/Guide and Wikipedia:Request an account/Administrators.
- Because of users automatically creating accounts for vandalism, Wikipedia has been forced to prevent usernames being created that are too similar to existing usernames and to add an image (called a CAPTCHA) to the login process to confirm that users are not using an automated process. If you have attempted to create an account, but have chosen a username that is too similar to an existing username, or have been unable to read the CAPTCHA because you are using a screen reader, or a browser that does not support images, you're in the right place.