"WP:ML" ପ୍ରସଙ୍ଗଟି ଏଠାକୁ ଲେଉଟାଯାଇଛି । For multi-licensing, see Wikipedia:Multi-licensing.
Please see the list descriptions for posting information. Most lists are moderated, so that posts by nonmembers need to be manually approved. Some lists disallow any posts by nonmembers.
Please respect Wikiquette and avoid personal attacks on the mailing lists, especially in the subject header as this is likely to be repeated by those replying. Fire manages the mailing lists and can be contacted for queries or for starting a new list.
Mailing lists are available in a number of formats: via a web archive, by email, or by NNTP using the mail-to-news gateway Gmane. Mailing list posts are indexed by search engines such as Google and Yahoo!. Offsite archives of Wikipedia's mailing lists can be found at Gmane, MARC, Gossamer Threads, and Nabble Forums.
Email addresses are currently obfuscated in the downloadable archives, making them unreadable by some mailreaders. To convert one of these archives to mbox format, you could use perl -p -i -e '/^From/ && s/ at /@/' filename or
sed '/^From /s/ at /@/' obfuscated.mbox > clear.mbox.
There is a complete list of public mailing lists for all Wikimedia Foundation matters at meta, including:
- Projects other than Wikipedia
- Languages other than English
- Local chapters serving predominantly non-English-speaking users
The public mailing lists for the Wikipedia project include:
- WikiEN-l for email discussion of the English Wikipedia
- unblock-en-l for unblock requests
- accounts-enwiki-l to request an account if your IP is blocked from creating accounts
- Foundation-l for announcements, cross-project matters and Wikimedia Foundation issues
- Wikipedia-l for issues specific to Wikipedia (and not sister projects such as Wiktionary) but affecting editions of Wikipedia in more than one language
- MediaWiki-l for people with questions about their own installation of the MediaWiki software (ie., not Wikimedia projects)
- Wikitech-l for any WikiMedia development issues, technical discussions, and hardware purchases
- Daily-article-l for an extract of the English Wikipedia's featured article of the day
There are various private mailing lists hosted by Wikimedia Foundation servers that facilitate internal communication among Wikimedia Foundation board members and certain committees and subcommittees. These include:
- The Arbitration Committee's mailing lists arbcom-l and functionaries-en
- The Mediation Committee's mailing list
- oversight-l, the oversight mailing list (anyone can send messages to this, but only those with oversight rights can read it) NOTE: Please do not send requests for oversight to this list any longer. Instead, use oversight-en-wp mentioned below.
- oversight-en-wp, the oversight request OTRS queue (anyone can send messages to this, but only those with oversight rights can read it)
- checkuser-l, the checkuser mailing list (anyone can send messages to this, but only those with checkuser rights can read it)
- Wikien-bureaucrats mailing list (anyone can send to this, but only those with bureaucrat rights can read it)
- Meta:Mailing list, for further information
- Wikipedia:External discussion
- User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles, Jimmy Wales' statement of principles in which the sixth is: "The mailing list will remain open, well-advertised, and will be regarded as the place for meta-discussions about the nature of Wikipedia".