|This article documents a current event. Information may change rapidly as the event progresses.|
This template displays the tag above and adds articles to category:Current events or one of its dated subcategories.
Do not subst.
- Note that every article on Wikipedia has a General disclaimer indicating that the article contents may not be accurate.
- As an advisory to editors, the template may optionally be used in those extraordinary occasions that many editors (perhaps a hundred or more) edit an article on the same day, for example, in the case of natural disasters or other breaking news.
- It is not intended to be used to mark an article that merely has recent news articles about the topic; if it were, hundreds of thousands of articles would have this template, with no informational consequence.
- Generally it is expected that this template and its closely related templates will appear on an article for perhaps a day or so, occasionally several days.
- If you desire that an article be noticed as a topic about or related to a significant current event, see Wikipedia:How the Current events page works, and also Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates
The template takes three parameters
- Parameter 1 overrides the word "article"
- Parameter 2 overrides the word "event"
- Named parameter "date" categorizes into a monthly sub category for ease of maintenance. This will be added by a bot if omitted.
|The above documentation is transcluded from ଛାଞ୍ଚ:Current/doc. (edit | history)
Editors can experiment in this template's sandbox (create | mirror) and testcases (create) pages.
Please add categories and interwikis to the /doc subpage. Subpages of this template.