|ଉଚ୍ଚତା||729 m (2,392 ft)|
Siaha (official name in Mara) is a census town in Siaha district in the Indian north-eastern state of Mizoram. It is the Headquarters of the Mara Autonomous District Council, one of the three autonomous district councils within Mizoram. It is located in the South Central part of the state. The word 'Siaha' in the local Mara language is 'Sia' for Masia which means elephant and 'ha' meaning tooth - An elephant tooth. It was a place where a large amount of elephant teeth were found. Though the local people name the town as Siaha, Mizos called it by the name 'Saiha', which is purely a translated term in Mizo language.
Siaha is located at  The average elevation is 729 metres (2391 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Siaha had a population of 19,731. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Siaha has an average literacy rate of 79%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 80%, and female literacy is 77%. In Siaha, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age. Siaha is the fastest growing town in Mizoram, 2008 statistical handbook of Mizoram reveals that the town has a population of 29,275 in 2008 against 19,731 in 2001.
A Helicopter service by Pawan Hans has been started which connects the Aizawl with Siaha. The Distance between Siaha and Aizawl through NH 54 is 378 km and is connected with regular service of Bus and Jeeps.
The Major Newspapers in Siaha are:
- Chhim Aw
- Kawl Eng
- Moonlight Moonlight Online
- Mara Thlala Mara Thlala
- Siaha Post
- Siaha Times
- Awsicharu [awsicharu.wordpress.com]
- Deiva Mara Daily Deiva Mara Daily
- Maraland Post
- "Census of India Search details". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 10 May 2015.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Saiha
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Dept. of Economic & Statistic, Gov't of Mizoram Statistical Handbook 2008.
- "MIZORAMA HELICOPTER SERVICE TUR CHIEF MINISTER IN HAWNG". Mizoram DIPR. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Nilaini atangin 'Helicopter Service". The Zozam Times. Retrieved 20 August 2012.
- "Aizawl to Siaha". Mizoram NIC. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Accredited Journalists". DIPR Mizoram. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- Saiha District Website
- Maraland.NET : Mara people's Online site
- SiahaOnline.com : Siaha Online website
ସାଇହା ୨୨.୪୯୧୮ ଉତ୍ତର ଅକ୍ଷାଂଶ ଓ ୯୨.୯୮୧୪ ପୂର୍ବ ଦ୍ରାଘିମାରେ ଅବସ୍ଥିତ । ସମୁଦ୍ର ପତନଠାରୁ ଏହା ୩୬୪୫ ଫୁଟ ଉଚ୍ଚତାରେ ରହିଛି ।
ଜନସଂଖ୍ୟା ଓ ସାକ୍ଷରତା[ସମ୍ପାଦନା]
୨୦୦୧ ମସିହାର ଭାରତୀୟ ଜନଗଣନା ଅନୁସାରେ, ସାଇହା ସହରର ମୋଟ ଜନସଂଖ୍ୟା ୧୯୭୩୧ ଅଟେ । ସେଥି ମଧ୍ୟରୁ ୫୧.୫୭% ଜଣ ପରୁଷ ହୋଇଥିବା ବେଳେ ୪୮.୪୩% ଜଣ ନାରୀ ଅଟନ୍ତି । ସାଇହାର ସାକ୍ଷରତା ହାର ୭୮.୭୮% ଅଟେ । ଏହା ଜାତୀୟ ହାର ଠାରୁ ୧୩.୯୪% ପ୍ରତିଶତ କମ ଅଟେ । ସେଥିରୁ ୪୧.୩୩% ପ୍ରତିଶତ ପୁରୁଷ ଓ ୩୭.୪୫% ନାରୀ ଅଟନ୍ତି । ୧୬.୨୯% ଲୋକ ସେଠାରେ ୬ ବର୍ଷ ବୟସରୁ କମ ବୟସ୍କ ଅଟନ୍ତି ।
ମିଜୋ ସାଇହାର ସରକାରୀ ଭାଷା ଅଟେ ।
- "Directory of Cities, Towns, and Regions in India". Retrieved 27 September 2015.
- "way back machine - ସେନ୍ସସ୍ ଓଫ୍ ଇଣ୍ଡିଆ". Retrieved 24 September 2015.